vendredi 31 juillet 2015

First trip to Tokyo - Day 6


6th day in Tokyo, and first day of the year! To celebrate that, let's go shopping all day!
 
 
Laforêt queue on January the first

January the first 2015… It means it is the beginning of SALES PERIOD!!! Let’s grab all the fukebukuro!!! We wake up very early (damn too early for my husband) to join the line in front of Laforêt. The door will open at 9AM, at 7:30AM we reach the store’s line. A young man gives free hot bottles of tea at the beginning of the queue and we are glad to accept it cause the weather is pretty cold today. While we are waiting, a Japanese girl for a morning Japanese TV show comes to me to ask for an interview. The reporter speaks very well English; give me her business card to let me find the broadcast on the internet… A card I sadly lost few hours later. Just after this first interview, a second team comes to me and asks if I speak Japanese. Not at all. They decide to give me this interview anyway. They ask me what I’m doing here, I answer in English “I’m here to buy lucky packs from my favorite lolita brands”. I look at them and understand they didn’t understand what I was saying. I repeat and the answer gives this fabulous sentence: “I’m here for… rorita burando… fukebukuro”.


C’est le 1er de l’an 2015… Ce qui signifie que c’est le JOUR DES SOLDES !!!!! À moi les fukebukuros !!!! Nous nous levons tôt (beaucoup trop tôt selon mon époux) pour aller faire la queue devant le Laforêt. Les portes ouvrent à 9h, il est 7h30 lorsque nous rentrons dans la file. Un jeune homme distribue des bouteilles de thés bien chauds à l’entrée de la queue que nous acceptons avec plaisir. Il faut dire qu’il fait particulièrement froid aujourd’hui. Pendant que nous attendons je me fais aborder par une équipe de reporters Japonais pour un journal TV matinal. La reporter parle très bien anglais, me donne sa carte pour que je retrouve l’émission sur le net… Carte que je perds quelques heures plus tard. À la suite de cette première interview une deuxième équipe m’aborde. Ils me demandent si je parle Japonais. Je ne parle pas un mot de japonais. Mais ils décident de m’interviewer quand même. Ils me demandent ce que je fais ici et je leur réponds « I’m here to buy lucky packs from my favorite lolita brands »… Je vois dans leurs yeux qu’ils n’ont rien compris ! Je répète, ce qui donnera ce merveilleux : « I’m here for… rorita burando… fukebukuro ».


I've saved money for years to enjoy sales period in Japan. The doors are open, I start to run, but I don't succeed, I can't grab a Mercator special set from Angelic Pretty. Anyway, I catch a Crystal dream carnival special set I also appreciate. I continue my shopping with a short cut at AATP's booth to grab a variety lucky pack, followed by Etude House and H.Naoto for grabbing two more. I leave Laforet with arms full of bags. Closet child opens at noon, so I decide to join its line. I meet Nocheka in the queue with whom I've had the honor to spend some time. This girl is so darling!

J’ai économisé pendant des années pour faire ces soldes. Les portes s’ouvrent, je cours mais rien n’y fait, je n’obtiens pas le mercartor special set d’AP. Tant pis, je me rabats sur la crystal dream carnival que j’adore également. Un petit tour chez AATP pour attraper un variety pack, un petit tour chez H. Naoto et Etude House pour attraper deux autres lucky packs et je ressors de Laforêt les bras chargés. À 12h Closet Child ouvre, je décide donc d’aller faire la queue. J'y rencontre Nocheka avec qui j’ai eu la chance d’attendre pendant quelques heures. Cette jeune femme est merveilleuse.

Closet child queue before big sales opening / Nocheka and I

Closet Child sales are just a war. Lolitas run and fight to try to grab the best possible deal. That was unbelievable, I've never seen something like that! I finally can catch a Jane Marple jacket for my dear friend Lucie and an ETC little black dress, pay for it and run out of the shop. Outside it's starting to snowing a lot.
Harajuku is an alive street, the sellers shout to catch the attention of potential customers, people do their shopping using huge suitcases to buy as much as possible. That's really crazy.


Les soldes à CC, c’est la guerre. Des lolitas qui courent et se jettent sur le portant pour choper la meilleure affaire possible. C’était vraiment hallucinant, je n’avais jamais rien vu de tel ! J’arrive à attraper une veste Jane Marple pour faire un cadeau à mon amie Lucie, une petite robe ETC, les achète et sort de la boutique. Dehors il commence à neiger à gros flocons. Harajuku est animé, les vendeuses crient pour attirer le client, les gens viennent faire les boutiques avec leurs valises pour caler un maximum de choses dedans. C’est la folie.

Closet Child 


The whole day is dedicated to shopping and sightseeing. At the end of the day my arms hurt me terribly because of the packages weigh. I'm very tired but happy when we go back home this evening.  

Nous avons passé la journée à faire du shopping et du tourisme. À la fin de la journée mes bras me font terriblement mal à cause du poids des sacs. Je suis épuisée mais heureuse lorsque nous rejoignons l'appartement ce soir-là.


A suivre...
To be continued...

See also: 
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 1:      Click here
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 2:      Click here
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 3:      Click here
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 4:      Click here
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 5:      Click here
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 7&8:  Click here
- First trip to Tokyo - Day 9:      Click here

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire